Why It Works
Print out this handy fact sheet and bring it along to your next appointment Download pdf >
Step One Foods was developed by a cardiologist and is based on 300 clinical studies that support the formulation of our products. Every serving of Step One Foods contains the precise amounts of key nutrients proven to actively lower cholesterol.
- Fiber binds to cholesterol particles and moves them out of the body
- Plant sterols block cholesterol absorption in the digestive track
- Antioxidants help prevent the build-up of plaque in the blood vessels
- Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and help lower triglycerides
Easy and Delicious
Step One Foods fit easily into everyday life. Just eat two servings a day of your favorite Step One Foods products as a substitute for something you are eating now. No additional dietary changes or daily workouts required.
- Seven great-tasting on-the-go foods and easy-prep options
- Gluten free and certified by the Celiac Support Association
- GMO free
- Affordable. Because the foods are meant to be a substitute for something you are eating now, the program is cost neutral.
- 100% money back guarantee
Heart Health Benefits
In addition to helping lower LDL (bad) cholesterol, Step One Foods is scientifically formulated to help improve many other areas of heart health, including:
- Reduced total cholesterol
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved blood flow
- Better control of blood sugars
- Weight loss
How Statins Work
Cholesterol levels in the blood are primarily controlled by the liver and there are various enzymes and metabolic pathways involved. Statins inhibit a liver enzyme called HMG-CoA reductase. When HMG-CoA reductase is inhibited, cholesterol production in the liver slows down. When cholesterol production in the liver falls, circulating levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol drop.
Statin Side effects
People who develop side effects from statins are referred to as "statin intolerant". It is estimated that as many as 20 to 30% of people run into difficulties while taking these medications.Learn More
10 to 20% of people who have been prescribed statins cannot take them because they develop one or more side effects. 30 to 40% of people prescribed statins never fill the prescription in the first place. Clearly there are a lot of people who are looking for something different to improve their cholesterol numbers.Learn More
Food is more effective than drugs.
Food truly is power. What you eat is critical to your health. And no drug can compare.
Statins are not nearly as effective at improving your health as you might think. And a new study confirms that food is 1 1/2 times as powerful as drugs at reducing cardiovascular events in individuals with heart disease.
Introducing a clincally proven, non-pharmaceutical option that doesn't require unrealistic diestary changes or daily workouts.