Introducing a clinically proven, non-pharmaceutical lipid lowering option that doesn't require unrealistic dietary changes or daily workouts.
About Step One Foods
Recognizing that certain foods can impact cholesterol mirroring the effects of statins, Dr. Klodas set out to create a food-based solution that was convenient, science-based and delicious. The result is Step One Foods, a simple, effective, affordable option for patients who are statin ineligible, intolerant or unwilling.
• Just two servings a day
• Easy to incorporate into everyday life
• No additional dietary or lifestyle changes
• No statin-related side effects
For optimal cardiovascular benefits, patients should replace two typical snacks (or breakfast and a snack) with two servings of
Step One Foods.
Lowers LDL through enhanced cholesterol excretion
Lower LDL through reduced intestinal cholesterol absorption
Reduce inflammation and LDL oxidation
Omega-3 fatty acids
Lower TGs and raise HDL, reduce inflammation and inhibit clot formation
Proven Mechanism of Action
Step One Foods is based on more than 300 scientific studies that validate the composition of our products. Every serving is pre-dosed with the precise amounts of fiber, plant sterols, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids proven to actively lower LDL cholesterol.
Comparable to Statin
At scientifically-validated levels, these key nutrients impact cholesterol in ways that mirror the effects of statin medications but without side effects.
Step One Foods addresses six of the seven modifiable risk factors for
1) Lipid profile optimization
2) Improved hypertensive control
3) Reduced inflammation
4) Improved vascular function
5) Improved glycemic control
6) Weight reduction
Step One Foods is an effective non-pharmaceutical alternative developed for patients who are:
- Ineligible for cholesterol medications
- Adverse to taking statins
- Negatively affected by side effects
- At maximum statin dose with incomplete LDL control
- Unable to maintain dietary or lifestyle changes