About Step One Foods
Recognizing that certain nutrients can significantly impact cholesterol and cardiovascular health, we set out to create a food-based solution that was convenient, science-based and delicious. The result is Step One Foods, a simple diet-based option especially appropriate for patients who are statin intolerant or unwilling.
Enhances cholesterol excretion
Reduce intestinal cholesterol absorption
Reduce inflammation and LDL oxidation
Omega-3 fatty acids
Lower TGs and raise HDL, reduce inflammation and inhibit thrombosis
Proven Mechanism of Action
Step One Foods is based on over 300 peer-reviewed studies that validate the composition of our products. Every serving contains the precise amounts of whole food fiber, plant sterols, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids documented to help lower cholesterol and improve cardiovascular health.
Food vs Statins
Key nutrients in food positively impact cholesterol and cardiovascular health, without the side effects associated with medications.
Dietary change influences six of the seven modifiable risk factors for
1) Lipid profile optimization
2) Improved hypertensive control
3) Reduced inflammation
4) Improved vascular function
5) Improved glycemic control
6) Weight reduction
Step One Foods is a food-based alternative developed specifically for patients who are:
- Ineligible for cholesterol medications
- Adverse to taking statins
- Negatively affected by side effects
- At maximum statin dose with incomplete LDL control
- Unable to maintain dietary or lifestyle changes